The Voices of Children International Project draws upon artworks, photographic images and written responses contributed by children from many different countries. Building on an international project established by the University of Wollongong in Australia fourteen years ago, the Voices of Children project invites children aged 3-6 from across the world to exhibit their art in both a virtual gallery exhibition, as well as in (soon to be announced) international galleries in major cities around the world.
Children aged 3-6 years are invited to submit their artworks which describe their place in the world, including a brief written message ”A Message of Hope”.
What is unique about this project?
- It gives children an international Voice
- It is by children…for children…about children
Children can and should influence the world around them. Through art children are empowered to share what is special about their lives, producing and creating individual and unique responses to share with other children across the world.
The Voices of Children project aims to enable young children from across the world to capture moments in time, highlight their creativity, share their art and tell the world what is special to them…Parents and educators play a significant role in assuring a child’s positive identity. Educators, parents and children work together to create special artworks, which reflect the culture, or world in which they live.
Electronic drawing and design using The L.A.U.G.H App
Download The L.A.U.G.H App to support children’s virtual and electronic mark making. Encourage families to contribute to the collection of these artworks. The L.A.U.G.H App is the only evidence-based app that has been proven to improve focus, self-esteem and an overall sense of connectedness and belonging.
To download the App please install the iOS app on an iPad or install the Android app on a tablet device.
Deadline for the submission of children's artworks & children's messages
Monday 30 May, 2022 @ 11:59 PM GMT
- Preschool Educational Centers are invited to participate in the Voices of Children International Project.
- Children will be invited to create artworks and/or to express their original ideas and thoughts. Sit with your children and write down their ideas. Remember: We want you to have meaningful discussion and to prompt the children if necessary…but we want children’s original ideas (not adults).
- The first question you could ask is….How Can I Make the World A Better Place? You might prompt the children with the following discussion points: if you could do anything you want…what would like to do to change the world? OR we live in a great and beautiful place if you were able to do just one bit better what would you do?
- The second question you could ask is…I love living in (insert the name of your town or country) because… You might prompt the children with the following discussion points: You and I love living here…what makes it special? Our country is different to other countries. Why do you love living here?
- The third question you could ask is…I love my family because… You might prompt the children with the following discussion points: Your family is very special…what makes them different from other families? Your family is always there to love and help you…what do they do to help you and make you feel happy?
- The fourth question you could ask is…the best/worst part of the COVID pandemic was/is… You might prompt the children with the following discussion points: Depending on how the child is feeling they might want to talk about the good things that have come up out of the pandemic (such as being at home with family, all being together, more time to do things). If the child is happy to talk about the bad things (gauge their reaction to the question) they may talk about lots of things, such as not being able to go to school, being away from their extended family and friends…
- Early Childhood educators will select children’s artifacts & children’s messages , to be displayed on the 1st Voices of Children International online Gallery that will open to the world later this year.
- 1st Voices of Children National Exhibitions will be hosted at a country level by the schools/early years centers participating in the project and Cultural Centers or Galleries in major cities across the world to share with parents and the local communities.
- Evaluation: an evaluation of the initiative will be undertaken. An academic analysis of children’s artifacts (drawings & responses/messages) will provide data to gain an understanding of children’s responses to the world in which they live. The final Report will be shared with major international, regional and local stakeholders.
Join the Voices of Children global community of educators to receive information on how to get your children and Early Years Center Involved
Participating Schools will Receive
- The “Step by step process” on how to submit children’s artifacts & children’s messages that will be displayed on the 1st Voices of Children International online Gallery,
- Access to the Voices of Children international online community for educators to find resources and to upload children’s artworks & children’s messages
- The Official announcement & Invitation letter to share with parents,
- Access to the Recordings of (3) Voices of Children Training sessions hosted during the 2021 Bright Start International Conference,
- Invitation to join the 2022 Voices of Children Training Session to support preparations for hosting the Voices of Children Exhibition in your centers